The WindCatcher has been in development for 14 years and is patented.
Prototype 1 is still in operation (10 years) and has not failed.
Current prototype has been in daily operation for 5 years with no failures.
$1.4Million in private capital has been used:
- $1Million from the inventor
- $400K by a private investor
WindCatcher is looking for 2nd round funding : $1Million NZD
This would be used to fund the Mt Climie wind site and hire personnel to shift the WindCatcher from ‘prototype’ to ‘manufactured product’.
- the engineering drawings need to be optimized in CAD/CAM so that wind tunnel simulations can be performed
- the braking/feathering system needs to be made into a computer-controlled automated system
- manufacturing partners and methods need to be sourced
WindCatcher is also looking for partners on the Container project.
The Mt Climie project would allow us to become self-funded.